Wednesday 29 July 2020

WHO AM I?

Who am I?

Running criss-cross over land,

sometimes fast sometimes slow,

I am always close at hand,

without me life means nothing, you know.


I am clear blood, sustenance to life,

no prejudice or malice I bear,

trust me, I’ll please your wife,

give her food, and clean garments to wear.


Home I am to millions,

life of all forms within me share,

know me as a minion,

I’ll quench a thirst, because I care.


I sometimes form a blanket covering,

fall from mountains, lie in basins on earth,

sometimes I’m a cotton-wool smothering,

exciting little children in playful mirth.


And all the beautiful and the pure,

even the wild flowers along the trail,

the hillside may become obscure,

as I form a wedding veil.


I am the trickle that sparkles bright,

Ice-blue my crown, or grey and cruel,

I will shimmer in the warm sunlight,

clothed in a Queen’s garments and jewels.


Once an object a small child hurled,

splashing around in tears that are mine,

a blue ribbon that wraps around the world,

my highlights sparkle, glimmer and shine.


I will always attend their christenings,

blessed when sitting upon their brow,

I will be there, light and glistening,

I was there then and I am still there now.


Josie


No comments:

Post a Comment